The National Foundation for the Improvement of The Horses Breed (Ex Establishment of the National Stud farms based in 1913) is a public institution created in 1988 by the law n°82-88 of July 11th, 1988.
The Foundation is in charge, under the supervision of the Ministry of Agriculture and the Hydraulic Resources, of insuring the following missions:
- Supervising and encouragement of breeders
- Identification, realization and follow-up of the actions of genetic improvement.
- Elaboration, implementation and follow-up of the programs of development of the equine breeding
- Dress of genealogical books of equines races
- Organization, control and follow up of the public mating.
- Participation in the development of the equestrian sports and the equestrian tourism
- Representation of the sector with the national and international organizations
Main Horse breed in TUNISIA:
- Barb and Arab Barb
- Pony of Mogod
International relations :
The FNARC maintains relations with the specialized international organizations:
- World Arabian Horse Organization (WAHO)
- European Conference of Arabian Horse Organizations (ECAHO)
- Organisation Mondiale du Cheval Barbe (OMCB)
- International Stud–Book Committee (ISBC)
- European and Mediterranean Stud Book Liaison Committee (EMSBLC)
- International Society of Animal Genetics (ISAG)